Another year and invariably we all start thinking of what we want to do in the next 12 months. But sometimes for us readers things are not in our hands but here is our list none the less.
- We are very excited about Helen Lowe’s third book in the Wall of Night series that is coming out on the 26th of this month.
- Hopefully the stars will align favourably enough for Hilary Mantel’s The Mirror and the Light to be published this year.
- GRR Martin has already issued the necessary update that the next instalment of Game of Thrones (the book) is going to be delayed so that he does not feature on peoples New Year lists but we are putting him in anyway.
- Patrick Rothfuss and his King Killer Chronicles…Hummm he is too lazy to even send out any information so we should technically forget about the third instalment for this year but since he anyway writes fantasy we can fantasies about it.
- We will be reading the next book in the Lockwood & Co. series by Jonathan Stroud and be scared out of our wits again.
- The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette De Bodard and Uprooted by Naomi Novik, books that got favourable reviews last year that we are planning to read.
- We are looking forward to a surprise unexpected discovery of a book that makes reading so exciting and even better if it is a series that has already been completed. Waiting as you can see is not our strong point.
- Looking forward to getting hold of the DVD’s of Wolf Hall (TV Mini-Series) and binge watching.
- Finding the perfect notebook with unlined pages, beautiful binding and light enough to be carried around.
- And finally we look forward to writing a lot more ourselves.
Wishing everyone a happy reading year!